Top Ten Healthy Summer Drinks For Any Occasion
1. La Croix Sparkling Water – These flavored sparkling waters are all the rage right now. If you haven’t had one yet, we highly recommend them! Grapefruit is Aimee’s favorite flavor, and Peach Pear is Hannah’s favorite flavor. They taste so good, and they’re healthy. 0 Calories! 0 Carbs! 0 Sugar! 0 Sodium! 0 Fat! Zero, zilch, nada, none! All we have to say is, yum! Liz likes adding a little liquid stevia or erythritol for sweetness.
2. Sun Tea – When I was growing up, my grandma made sun tea all the time. As a kid, it was my favorite thing to drink (with an extra heaping spoonful of sugar). Now that I’m older, I still love home brewed sun tea, except now I prefer it without the added sugar. Something about sun-steeped, ice cold tea tastes just like summer.
3. Iced Soy Latte – You can’t go wrong with coffee. Especially when you’re eating a BumbleBar! The two really do go hand-in-hand. During the hot summer days, beat the heat with a delicious soy latte over ice, paired with a tasty Chai Almond BumbleBar. Delightful!
4. Lemon Lime Organic Soda and Cranberry Juice – I’ve always been a big fan! There’s something so refreshing about cranberry juice mixed with cold, bubbly lemon lime. Maybe it’s just the way it looks, with splashes of red and pink. Or maybe it’s the taste, a perfect combination of sweet and bitter. Whatever it is, this tasty drink will always be a must-have summer beverage. I recommend using a soda stream and making your own lemon lime sugar free soda. I use lemon juice and erythritol. Plus making your own soda is super fun and healthy.
5. Coconut Water – If you drink a lot of water and need something different, give coconut water a try. It’s refreshing and tastes delish! Paired with our Chocolate Crisp BumbleBars, it’s basically like you’re having an Almond Joy meal. Plus coconut water is full potassium which is extremely beneficial for your overall health and diet! This is Glenn’s favorite drink!
6. Chia Seeds and Water – This was introduced to me awhile back from a friend of mine. All you need is a glass of water and a couple tablespoons of chia seeds. Pour the seeds into the glass, give them a stir, and wait for about 3-5 minutes. In just a short time, you’ll have a homemade, slightly gelatin textured drink that’s quite tasty and incredibly healthy! Add an organic lemon and honey to taste. This drink contains tons of fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc, just to list a few of the vitamins and minerals packed inside.
7. Kombucha Tea – “Kombucha tea is fermented drink made with tea, sugar, bacteria, and yeast,” says Dr. Brent A. Bauer of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. “The resulting liquid contains vinegar, B vitamins and a number of other chemical compounds.” You can make your own Kombucha tea at home, or you can buy it at just about any grocery store! Kombucha tastes very sour, so if you’re not a fan of bitter drinks, you may want to stick with the classic green tea and honey.
8. Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie – These sweet, creamy treats are easy to make and even easier to eat. They go great with an Apple Crisp JunoBar for breakfast! Energy smoothies can be created in many different ways, but my personal favorite recipe is the following:
2 cups frozen blueberries
1/2 cup oatmeal (not the instant kind)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
4 dates (pitted, depending on how sweet you want it)
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
9. Chilled Almond Milk – When you’re snacking on a nutty BumbleBar or a delicious cocoa flavored JunoBar, a cold cup of freshly-pressed almond milk is just the thing to wash it all down with. Learn how to make your own chilled almond milk here.
10. Strawberry, Lime, Pineapple, and Cucumber Infused Water – This may seem like a lot of different kinds of fruits (and veggies) to put together for just one drink, but if you’re having a party or are hosting a large group of people, you really can’t go wrong with this refreshing beverage. Wash and cut up a handful of strawberries, limes, pineapples, and cucumbers and let them soak in a 5-gallon drink dispenser full of ice water for approximately 3 – 6 hours. (The flavor is worth the wait!) Once you’re happy with the infused fruity flavor , add a bit more ice, serve and enjoy!